Tropical Fruit Crepes
These Dairy and Egg Free Tropical Fruit Crepes are a delicious and fresh snack.
3/4 cup rice, soy or almond milk (you may need slightly more to adjust the consistency)
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
2 heaped Tablespoons melted margarine/coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup flour
1 packet firm tofu
1 tin coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 orange, zested (you only need the zest)
2 passionfruit, or 4 Tablespoons of passionfruit pulp
2 sliced bananas
60g Annies Apple and Mango Passion 100% Fruit Bars or Bites
Slices of other tropical fruit as desired
- Place water and milk in a bowl and whisk in the vanilla and melted oil/margarine.
- Add all the flour at once, along with the sugar and salt and whisk quickly until lump-free. Try not to over mix at this stage, you just want the lumps gone - if you whisk it too much, the crepes will be rubbery.
- Add more milk if necessary to create a pouring consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat, oil it lightly and spread the batter around as thinly as possible. Turn when it is golden brown and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Cut the tofu into 8 pieces and place in a strainer over a bowl to let the liquid drain out. Leave like this to 'dry' for 2 hours. This will help achieve a smoother consistency.
- Soak the Annies Fruit Bars in water for 10 minutes, until starting to soften but not 'mushy'. Cut into small pieces.
- Drain the liquid off the coconut cream and whip the remaining cream with half the icing sugar and the vanilla. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Place the tofu and remaining icing sugar in a food processor and blend until completely smooth and creamy. This may take several minutes, and you will need to wipe the sides down with a rubber spatula every minute or so.
- Fold all the ingredients together and place inside the crepes. Decorate with banana slices and drizzled passionfruit pulp.